Periodontal (gum) therapy may not sound like the most exciting thing in dentistry today, but healthy gums are the foundation for any cosmetic or restorative treatment. Whether you want porcelain veneers or dental implants, healthy gums are always the first step.
Gum Disease Facts
- Did you know that gum inflammation and infection usually don’t hurt until the later stages of disease?
- Periodontal disease can cause bad breath, teeth to get crooked, and has even been linked to heart disease!
- Gum disease is also contagious; your significant other can get it too because it’s a bacterial infection.
But don’t fear! The doctors and dental hygiene therapists at Wood Creek Dental will design a specific gum therapy plan for getting your gums healthy and keeping them that way for a lifetime.
“Until I found this practice, I refused to go to the dentist. I’ve had some extensive procedures, and they are truly concerned about your comfort and recovery. I highly recommend this practice.” — Whit B.
What You Can Do About Gum Disease
Prevention is the best medicine. You can take steps every day to keep gum disease at bay, including:
- Brush your teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss every day
- Keep those dental checkups – your dental hygienist will deep clean your teeth and your dentist can recognize early signs of gum disease and tooth decay
- Avoid tobacco products – smoking is one of the biggest risk factors for the development of periodontitis
- Eat a well-balanced diet – it’s not just good for your body, it’s great for your teeth too
Is it time to find out if gum therapy is right for you? Contact us online or call Wood Creek Dental today at (864) 214-3934 in Greenville and (864) 469-2626 in Landrum to schedule your next appointment and stay on top of preventing and treating gum disease. Our experienced dentists serve patients throughout Greenville, Landrum, Simpsonville, and the entire Upstate South Carolina area.