Dr. Dale E. Hunt graduated from West Virginia University’s School of Dentistry in 1978. Immediately after graduating, he and his wife moved to Greenville and began practicing dentistry, where he became one of the top dentists in the state. He founded Wood Creek Dental in 1979, and since then, the practice has expanded to encompass his three children, his niece, and two other dentists.
Dr. Hunt is an avid pursuer of continuing dental education, particularly for dental implants, cosmetic dentistry, and sedation dentistry. He’s continuously implementing the best that dentistry has to offer. He’s a Gold Member of the Doctors for Oral Conscious Sedation and has provided sedation dentistry to patients who struggle with dental anxiety since 1985. He’s earned certifications for these areas of dentistry:
- Dental Implant Training: Nobel Biocare USA, Inc., Bicon Dental Implants, OCO Biomedical, and Dental XP—Premiere Level
- Invisalign® Clear Braces: Preferred Invisalign® Provider
- Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique
- CEREC Training: Single Visit Crown Design and Fabrication
- Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certified
He has also been in the lead of implementing technology and products that truly benefit the patients. He abandoned the old mercury fillings over a decade ago and uses the white natural fillings, thus maintaining focus on cosmetics and health.
Community Service and Memberships
Dr. Hunt teaches and gives educational lectures at Greenville Technical College and community groups. He’s volunteered on dental mission trips to provide dental care and treatment to low-income families in Quito, Ecuador and the indigenous people of the many villages surrounding the Andes Mountains through One Heart Global Mission. He’s given lectures to Ecuadorian dentists as well.
Dale E. Hunt, DDS is a member of:
- The American Dental Association (ADA)
- The Student Competition for Advancing Dental Research and its Application (SCADA)
- The Doctors for Oral Conscious Sedation (DOCS)
- The West Virginia Alumni Association
He loves to teach and has a passion for helping others in the field. With his continued hard work, expertise and dedication to patients, his practice has expanded to include four additional and phenomenal dentists.
Dr. Hunt is married to his college sweetheart, Joanne, and has three wonderful children. In his free time, he enjoys snow skiing, golf, boating, photography, traveling and teaching.
Schedule your appointment with Dr. Dale Hunt in Greenville today at (864) 288-5300. Wood Creek Dental serves patients in Greenville, Landrum, Simpsonville, and surrounding areas of South and North Carolina.