The holidays are here...and so are the sweets! It’s the time of year for fudge and cookies at nearly every turn. From your holiday work party to your child’s end of the year recital, sugary treats get the invite to almost every gathering.
All that sugar is not only bad for your waistline, it’s also bad for your teeth. Sugar can lead to plaque buildup and tooth decay. But it doesn’t have to ruin your holidays. Try these tips to treat yourself to a healthier, happier mouth and still enjoy the holidays with your family and friends.
- Make sweets an occasional indulgence, not an everyday habit.
- Choose the less sugary options, like fresh fruit or pumpkin pie.
- Steer clear of caramels and hard candies that expose your teeth to sugar for prolonged periods.
- Try peppermint tea instead of drinks full of cream and sugar.
- Pick the gingerbread men. They usually contain less sugar.
- Don’t forget your good daily habits of brushing and flossing.
And don’t neglect your next professional dental cleaning and checkup!
Call Wood Creek Dental today at our Greenville office at (864) 214-3934 or our Landrum office at (864) 469-2626 to schedule your appointment.
We welcome new patients throughout Greenville, Landrum, Simpsonville, and the entire Upstate South Carolina area.