Tooth-colored fillings are the new standard in general dentistry. Gone are the days when a cavity meant the dentist would fill your tooth with an unsightly metal filling. At Wood Creek Dental in Upstate South Carolina, we use white metal-free fillings for our patients’ tooth restorations for healthy, natural-looking smiles.
“Another pleasurable experience at Wood Creek Dental. (Did I really just describe fillings as pleasurable?) Well, they were. Everything went smoothly and pain free. My teeth feel great. Wood Creek Dental also helped me with my sensitive teeth by providing some special toothpaste and a soft toothbrush.” — Brian B.
Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
White fillings do look great, but that isn’t their only benefit. Tooth-colored fillings are better in almost every way when compared to the old-fashioned, black, mercury-amalgam fillings:
- Teeth with black fillings are up to 40% weaker than a natural tooth. Teeth with bonded white fillings are just as strong as natural teeth.
- Black fillings expand over time and can crack teeth. White fillings hold teeth together and prevent cracks.
- Black metal fillings corrode, crack and leak around the edges. Bonded white fillings prevent micro leakage, which leads to decay around black fillings.
- Many black fillings are failing right now with internal cracks or decay, and we have no way of knowing until it is too late. Upgrading to white fillings helps us catch problems earlier.
- Bonded fillings can be either direct white fillings or indirect bonded onlays. Bonded onlays often take the place of crowns but are much more conservative and better looking.
Would you like to enhance your smile by replacing your old metal fillings with modern tooth-colored fillings? Call us today at Wood Creek Dental at (864) 214-3934 to schedule your appointment and see what a difference white fillings can make in your smile.
We welcome patients throughout the Upstate South Carolina area to our offices in Greenville and Landrum.